Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Art of the Game Installation

Behind the Scenes of the Art of the Game fashion show


So, a few months ago, I took on the challenge of designing an original piece inspired by a World Cup jersey for a city-wide design competition, the Art of the Game Installation, produced by Lorena Beightler of Sac Cycle Chic. I randomly chose France's jersey, and ambitiously set out to make a design, with only the jersey fabric. 
Nothing more, nothing less..
My design was well received, my young model - the definite crowd favorite, and surprise, I won 2nd place! The event was held at Sacramento's premiere pizzeria/gelateria and Vespa gallery, Hot Italian, one of Sacramento's latest and most promising additions on the restaurant scene.
Here's a peek into the process...
The original France World Cup jersey that I redesigned into a halter maillot



The Design Process...Hand sewing, some machine use, and I managed to use every decal or piece of trim from the jersey. Yeayyy!   (Read more for more pics)


Lovely lil' lady, Taylor Eicher...she's got the LOOK!

The Winner's Circle (L to R): 3rd place, Argentina; 2nd place, France, and 1st place, Spain

6 comments:

  1. Dang that's some serious talent. I can't believe you turned the jersey into that!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sarah! I had a lot of fun with it and was ecstatic to win 2nd place! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you turned the jersey into that! essentialshoodies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you turned the jersey into that! lilnasxmerch

    ReplyDelete
  5. liltjaymerch I had a lot of fun with it and was ecstatic to win 2nd place!

    ReplyDelete